Help Yourself to Health
What exactly are the benefits of receiving
massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for
all of the conditions listed below and more,
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve
range of motion.
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for
expectant mothers and shorten
maternity hospital stays.
• Ease medication dependence.
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph
flow—the body’s natural defense system.
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and
recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest
• Increase joint flexibility.
• Lessen depression and anxiety.
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing
scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues
and vital organs, improving circulation.
• Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
• Reduce spasms and cramping.
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused
• Release endorphins—amino acids that
work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relieve migraine pain.
To learn more about the many types of massage
and bodywork, visit www.massagetherapy.com
Because of the highly customizable nature of massage therapy, please make any conditions or areas of notability known upon booking your appointment. This ensures adequate preparation prior to your treatment.
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue
- Restoring peace in a chaotic world
Contraindications for massage therapy
Massage is a generally safe way to improve nearly all of your body systems regardless if the intention is general relaxation or specific localized healing. However, there are some exceptions. Please do your research and do not hesitate to ask questions if you experience any concerns, or are subject to the following conditions:
- If you are in the first trimester of pregnancy, especially if you are high risk for miscarriages.
- If you experience any pitting edema or other symptoms of cardiovascular problems.
- If you are sunburned.
- Also consider avoiding fresh tattoos.
- No localized massage of fresh injuries, strains or sprains, cuts or rashes.
- Please let your therapist know of any allergies or current medications, even if it seems irrelevant.
**Please note: I am not a doctor, nor do I promote advice without strict recommendation of a doctor’s review. Please research for yourself and consult a doctor before participating in any bodywork treatments. I may require a doctor’s permission to provide massage therapy services depending on the severity of a certain condition.**