Scope of Practice
Research indicates massage therapy has had positive results in, and could provide pain relief from the following conditions:
- Tension Headaches
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Muscle Strains
- Ligament Sprains
- Pre & Post Natal
- Geriatric and Alzheimer’s
Because of the highly customizable nature of massage therapy, please make any conditions or areas of notability known upon booking your appointment. This ensures adequate preparation prior to your treatment.
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue
- Restoring peace in a chaotic world
Contraindications for massage therapy
Massage is a generally safe way to improve nearly all of your body systems regardless if the intention is general relaxation or specific localized healing. However, there are some exceptions. Please do your research and do not hesitate to ask questions if you experience any concerns, or are subject to the following conditions:
- If you are in the first trimester of pregnancy, especially if you are high risk for miscarriages.
- If you experience any pitting edema or other symptoms of cardiovascular problems.
- If you are sunburned.
- Also consider avoiding fresh tattoos.
- No localized massage of fresh injuries, strains or sprains, cuts or rashes.
- Please let your therapist know of any allergies or current medications, even if it seems irrelevant.
**Please note: I am not a doctor, nor do I promote advice without strict recommendation of a doctor’s review. Please research for yourself and consult a doctor before participating in any bodywork treatments. I may require a doctor’s permission to provide massage therapy services depending on the severity of a certain condition.**